Monday, January 28, 2008

The space is modern, nothing special. Grey carpeting, white walls. If it wasn’t for the grey padded chairs that are lined up in a liner fashion and the oversized black stage, you would swear cubicles would be suitable for this environment.

But in the midst of the corporate-like environment -- God is here. After spending only a few minutes in the worship space at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, Missouri, the words “angels playground” came to mind. I could almost see the the spirit of God dancing -- to the music that He directs through the 20-something worship leaders.

It just amazes me so much, that I can drive 8-hours and pull into this parking lot, buy a mocha and enter this space and be amongst fellow believers who share the same passion as I do.

Sure I don’t know their names, in fact I don’t know anyone here. But I don’t think that matters to much. We are all united under one spirit, we are all worshiping the same God that called each of us by name, that paid for the sins that we are now free from.

And in this moment, this day, he draws us all together, to worship in perfect unity. We are now closer than any blood relatives could ever be. Our spirits are connected as we are connected to The Spirit.

I feel like this is is the first of a few oasis's of my trip. That God has led me here, to let me drink from the cup, rest in the presence and consume the word.
My narrative, my story that God has so uniquely shaped for my life is becoming more and more interesting all the time. I feel as though I am in the midst of pivoting the course of my life.

I feel like the past year God has let me taste the life that I desired in the beginning -- only to revel the life that He has for me.

I have no idea what this next week, month, year will look like -- however I know that what ever happends -- the life I live will not be ordinary.

May my God’s will become evident in my life. May the love of Christ be evident in my actions and words. May the Spirit that empowered great men like Peter, John, Paul empower me today. May my life be extraordinary, not for the elevation of my name -- but to Glorify the one I strive to follow.

2 comments:

MacKenzie Olivia said...

who is this patrick that posted this entry? i never had the privilege of seeing this side of you. it seems your 'work Patrick' is way different than 'Christian Patrick.' why did you hide that part of yourself at work? aren't we to live this Christian life 24/7, and not just when we're around other Christians?

nevertheless, now you can live the life you've dreamed. just remember, following God is an adventure, it's not always easy, but it pays great rewards!

contend for the faith!

Anonymous said...

Matching to the pin buckle design and the unique square hour
marking with dazzling metal light, it created a confident and fashionable
design of rock and roll music, magnificent yet personalized.
They choose brand name designer watches that double as status symbols.
Keep in mind, that there are certain watch makers, who demand top dollar,
for their watches.

Check out my site ... casio watches ()